Promotional Contest Rules (Quebec Compliant)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
This contest is sponsored by Absolute Results Productions Ltd. Contest starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1st, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 10th, 2011.
This contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence as of the date that you entered into the contest. Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the Independent Contest Judging Organization, or a member of any such employee's immediate family (regardless of where they live) or a person with whom any such person is domiciled (whether related to the employee or not) are not eligible to enter this contest. In these Official Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
2. Online Entry
(1) Visit www.registeryourvan.ca to complete the official online contest entry form by entering your name, full home address, email address and daytime/ evening telephone number to receive one entry into the contest.
3. Grand Prize
There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of $5,000 worth of fuel. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-refundable and non-transferable.
(1) A random draw will be conducted by the Independent Contest Judging Organization on or about 5PM ET on Saturday September 20th in Vancouver, BC from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
(2) The selected entrant will be contacted by email, mail, courier or telephone within five (5) business days of the draw date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days, he or she will be disqualified and a new random draw from the remaining eligible entries will be conducted to select another entry and the process noted above will be repeated until a selected entrant is contacted or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first.
(3) Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question within ten (10) business days of prize notification. The selected entrant will also be required to sign and return, within ten (10) business days of prize notification, a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with these Official Contest Rules, acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded without substitution, and releasing the Contest Sponsors, their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the Independent Contest Judging Organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Grand Prize or this contest.
(4) Declining the Grand Prize, failing to answer the mathematical skill-testing question correctly or failing to return the Release Form within the specified time will cause the Grand Prize to be forfeited and a new random draw from the remaining eligible entries will be conducted to select another entry and the process noted above will be repeated until a winner is declared or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first.
(1) This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. All decisions of the Independent Contest Judging Organization are final and the Contest Sponsor and Independent Contest Judging Organization shall not be held responsible for any accident, negligence, printing, administrative or other errors that may arise or occur in connection with the contest with no obligation or liability, subject to applicable law.
(2) By entering this contest and accepting the Grand Prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, video image, voice, and/or photograph in any related publicity or Internet posting without further notification or compensation.
(3) By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner releases and agrees to hold the Contest Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies and the Independent Contest Judging Organization, harmless against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death or property damage which the entrants or his or her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrant's participation in the contest and/ or in connection with the acceptance and/or use by the entrant of the Grand Prize awarded.
(4) All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor upon receipt and will not be returned. No responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, online, or Internet entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
(5) The Contest Sponsor, subject to the approval of the Québec Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this Contest, or any portion thereof, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind without prior notice or obligation. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie, to cancel or suspend the Internet portion of this contest should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest, or the odds of winning and to conduct a random draw from among all eligible entries received to that date. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(6) Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the “authorized account holder”. That is the person in whose name the Internet service or text message service is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Eligibility section of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations. “Authorized Holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to the e-mail or text messaging address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, phone company, mobile phone service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email/text messaging addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail/text message address. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process.
(7) All personal information collected from entrants will be used only for the purpose of future marketing activities.
6. Quebec Residents
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
|Powered by Absolute Results Productions Ltd.|